It starts with fresh-squeezed blood orange juice and cooks down into a sweet and zesty fresh dessert sauce. I originally made this to top a Japanese Sweet Potato Cheesecake, it would be amazing on top of pancakes or waffles in the morning…just saying.
- 1 Tablespoon organic cornstarch
- 1 cup blood orange juice (about 5 oranges)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar or agave nectar
- zest from 1 blood orange
- flesh from 1-2 blood oranges, segmented
- In a small pot mix together 1 Tablespoon organic cornstarch with about 1 tablespoon of the blood orange juice. When the cornstarch has dissolved, pour the rest of the juice into the pot. Next, stir in the sugar and orange zest.
- Heat on medium-high, whisking frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Let cool in refrigerator completely in a covered container before stirring in orange segments.