I was recently introduced to a beautiful poem by Frank O’Hara that begins:
“Light clarity avocado salad in the morning”
I immediately fell in love with the verse and then started dreaming of avocado salads. There are so many possibilities. For this salad, the juicy watermelon is a nice compliment to creamy avocado slices, and the fresh lemon, mint, and basil add a brightness that is perfect for the morning.
Here are some of my other “avocado salad in the morning” ideas. Perhaps I’ll be making more avocado salads soon…
- Avocado + Strawberry + Basil + Lemon
- Avocado + Roasted Garlic + Cherry Tomato + Olive Oil
- Avocado + Arugula + Lemon + Walnuts + Olive Oil
- Avocado + Mango + Sticky Coconut Rice + Black Sesame
- Avocado + Grapefruit + Ginger + Macadamia Nuts
- Avocado + Watermelon + Heirloom Tomato
- Avocado + Braised Kale + Croutons
- Avocado + Grilled Pineapple + Mint
I could go on and on…
Read on for the Watermelon, Avocado and Fresh Herb Salad recipe.
If you’ve got an abundance of zucchini or summer squash at the end of the summer (lucky you) this is an easy and delicious way to sneak it into something sweet! The olive oil baked in ensures it stays super moist. You can toast up a slice for breakfast, dessert, or a snack during the day. It’s great warm with peanut butter or topped with a scoop of ice cream…or both! Continue reading