If you’ve got an abundance of zucchini or summer squash at the end of the summer (lucky you) this is an easy and delicious way to sneak it into something sweet! The olive oil baked in ensures it stays super moist. You can toast up a slice for breakfast, dessert, or a snack during the day. It’s great warm with peanut butter or topped with a scoop of ice cream…or both!
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer (available at most health food stores nationwide)
- 4 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin will have a stronger flavor than regular)
- 1/2 cup vegan milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips or roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together the egg replacer and warm water.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, stir together the zucchini, olive oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture until well incorporated, then fold in the chocolate chips or nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.