Tacos and burritos have always been favorites of mine. Having this seasoning mix on hand makes it easy to throw together a snack using whatever veggies you have on hand, just sautee them and wrap them up in a tortilla or add them to a taco salad. Add some beans and rice and you’ve got yourself a full meal. You can use it on mushrooms, vegan meats, veggies, potatoes, tempeh or greens! If you purchase the spices from the jars in the bulk section of your local grocery store, you can make this for only a couple of dollars and it will last for quite a few meals.
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 Tablespoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons granulated garlic
- Just mix it all together, store in a jar until ready to use.
- Use about 2 1/2 Tablespoons spices per about 1 pound of food, but you know how much seasoning you like, so add it to taste.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add about 2 Tablespoons of oil and sautee the taco filling, adding the seasoning gradually as it cooks and tasting as you go.
- Serve in warm tortillas with whatever toppings you like on your tacos and burritos, like salsa, guacamole, cilantro, lettuce, onion, etc.